Rucking – Quick Overview
Rucking is carrying a weighted pack while urban hiking. This is a very familiar exercise for special forces. To compete in the Ruck Race, bring a backpack with at least 20 pounds of weight. You will compete on the 5k or Half-Half course and awards will go to the top 3 male and female finishers.
Veterans Honor Run Ruck Rules
- Bring your own Rucksack. The minimum weight must be 20 pounds.
- You will start with the 5k and Half-Half runners and follow the appropriate course.
- A water stops will be out there.
- You need three things to start rucking: A Backpack with thick, comfortable straps to hold the weight securely. Water as you will be exerting more energy and one water stop may not be enough. A Weight of at least 20 lbs that is ideally compact for easier rucking.
- Awards will go to the Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female finishers.